North Island College’s print studios have facilities for printmakers to work in an extensive range of printing techniques across different media. NIC print studios have equipment for screen print, etching, drypoint, collagraph, monoprint, photopolymer, and relief (lino, wood, etc).
CVPA members practice both traditional and contemporary etching processes.
The studio is equipped with:
- Charles Brand press (30″ x 44″).
- Shin Nihon Zokei press (27″ x 44″).
- 2 small multipurpose small presses.
- Hot plate.
- Ferric Chloride dip tank.
- Air brush.
- Paper water bath (30″ X 44″).
- Rollers, brayers, and small tools.
Screen Print Studio
The screen print studio is also available for CVPA Studio Access Members.
Equipment for screen printing includes:
- Eagle/PAPI Vacuum Frame and OLEC UV Lamp.
- Two (2) non-vacuum hinged screen stations.
- Two (2) vacuum hinged screen stations.
- Jaguar airlift parallel press.
- Blackout and emulsion screen coating room.
- Large wash out sink.
- Print drying racks.
- Large light table.